Today I ask you a personal question, but meditate it deeply: How grateful are we with God? I repeat it again: How grateful are we with God?
In case you did not know it, being grateful to God is very important to Him. That is why we should live with thanksgiving, every day and every moment.
Says Psalm 92: 1-5 "It is good to praise you, O LORD, and to sing psalms to your name, O Most High, to proclaim your mercy in the morning, and your faithfulness every night. In the decacord and psaltery, in a soft tone with the harp, because you have rejoiced me, O LORD, with your works, in the works of your hands I rejoice: how great are your works, O Lord! "
As we can see, this Psalm is an expression of thanksgiving from the ancient Israelites when they were on their way to Mount Sinai. They understood that thanksgiving was paramount in those days. They demonstrated it by making sacrifices, singing hymns, using instruments, offering to God, and praying.
In that way, God wanted to remind them that He is God and that they should honor Him as such, that they should depend on Him, because He was the source of everything they had. In fact, in the desert, nothing was missing. Everything, absolutely everything was provided by Him.
Psalm 50: 23 "He who sacrifices praise will honor me, and to him who orders his way, I will show him the salvation of God."
A grateful heart honors God: "Thank you Jesus, thank you, good God, I praise you and thank you."
Our attitude should always be one of gratitude, and also, we should teach it to our children. Gratitude must be part of our mind and our life.
TODAY, HOW DO WE EXPRESS ACTIONS OF THANKS TO GOD?
- We sing hymns,
- We met,
- There is companionship,
- We come to the worship service,
- But the truth is that every day we should be praising God.
WHY SHOULD WE BE GRATEFUL?
- Because God chose us for Christ before the foundation of the world.
- We are the dwelling place of the Holy Spirit and we have been sealed by Him.
- We have eternal security
- We have the gifts of the Spirit
- We have a close relationship with God. We can talk to you personally, listen to us and respond to us.
- We have your peace
- We have his unconditional love. He loves us regardless of what he is, despite our disobedience.
- He supplies all our needs, as he has promised and has fulfilled. Philippians 4:19 "Therefore my God will supply all that you lack according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus."
- For his divine protection.
- He has forgiven our past, present and future sins.
- On the cross of Calvary our debt is settled once and for all.
- We have the greatest treasure: we have the Word of God. Thank you Jesus, because in it lies the source of our knowledge and understanding.
A SINCERE THANKSGIVING EVERY DAY, HAS THE POWER TO IMPACT OUR LIVES.
When we give thanksgiving every day, we recognize that we are before a Holy God, Almighty, Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent, who loves us unconditionally and who only asks for recognition, gratitude and obedience.
If we do it from the heart, then gratitude has a wonderful power:
1. It keeps us constantly aware that we walk in the presence of God and respond with greater consecration, walking in his will.
2. It motivates us to seek the purposes of God in all that he allows in our lives. Sometimes we do not understand what God does or why he does it, but we have discovered that if I thank even without understanding because he has allowed it, he knows what will happen: He raises his finger, He lifts the burden and then we begin to see his purposes.
3. It helps us to submit our will to the will of God. It takes us to a point of submission, I do not understand it, but I thank you anyway.
4. It constantly reminds us who He is and his position as God in our lives. It reminds us of our divine dependence on God. We depend on Him absolutely for everything. It helps us to trust in Him. He impresses us with his joy. Dispels the charges like a mist. It illuminates us when we walk in dark places. It takes away anxiety, etc.
5. Keeps our attention on God, instead of the circumstances. It energizes us, strengthens us physically, spiritually and emotionally. Psalm 92:10, 12-15 "But you shall increase my strength like those of a buffalo, I shall be anointed with fresh oil, and the righteous shall flourish like a palm tree: it shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon, planted in the house of the LORD, in the courts of Our God will flourish, even in old age they will be fruitful, they will be vigorous and green, to announce that Jehovah my strength is right, and that in him there is no injustice. "
Therefore, if this is what causes us, we should be more than grateful and then we will see God act in a supernatural way.
Let's pray: "Almighty God, Sublime and Holy. I apologize for not being so grateful, but renew my commitment to follow your steps, to thank you for your unconditional love. We love you Lord and we praise you for the great privilege of knowing you, sharing you and walking in obedience every day. Thank you, Father, for your kindness and mercy. In the name of your Son Jesus Christ. Amen".